August 29, 2011
Technical Training and Guidance on Assessing the Hydrologic Impacts of Climate Change
Recent assessments of climate change impacts and adaptation have identified a range of risks to water resources across Canada. This project brings together the leading adaptation and water-related knowledge from the Regional Adaptation Collaborative Program and other relevant initiatives to provide information and guidance for advancing adaptation in water resource decision-making
This project brings together leading climate change adaptation and water management related resources and best practices to:
- Facilitate dialogue and input from experts and decision-makers; and,
- Transfer information and guidance regarding climate adaptation strategies for Canada’s water resources.
A compendium report of leading water and adaptation related knowledge, tools, practices and case studies was developed through this project. In addition to this, a training program was also developed to help to help individuals better understand climate change science and the potential effects of climate change on watershed hydrology and water resources.
- Natural Resources Canada’s (NrCan) Regional Adaptation Collaborative Program
- Ontario Ministry of the Environment
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
- Toronto and Region Conservation Authority (TRCA)
- York University
- EBNFLO Environmental
- Matrix Solutions (formerly AquaResource)
- Click here to access the training.